what you’ll need
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 14 1/2 oz can tomatoes with oregano and basil diced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup elbow macaroni uncooked
- salt and black pepper to taste
- shredded cheese for serving
let’s do it
- Place a large saucepan or soup pot over medium-high heat and add the ground beef. Brown the ground beef, breaking the meat up as it cooks for about 10 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Drain off any excess grease, return to heat and add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Cook for an additional 6–7 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the bell pepper begins to soften.
- Stir in tomato juice, tomato sauce, can of diced tomatoes (don’t drain it!), Worcestershire sauce, beef bouillon, oregano and basil and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring about every 5 minutes.
- Add the macaroni and stir to combine. Replace the lid and simmer, covered over low heat for about 25 minutes until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and serve with plenty of shredded cheese on top. Enjoy!
One Last Thing
Don’t be tempted to add extra pasta; the moisture of this recipe is just right for 1 cup of the starch.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends