* 1 pound boneless chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1 1/2 cups carrots thinly sliced
* 1 1/2 cups celery thinly sliced
* 2/3 cup onion chopped
* 1 package pre-sliced mushrooms 8-ounce
* 2 tbs beef base (this is different than beef broth it is a base that makes beef broth)
* 8-10 cups water
* 1 large bay leaf
* 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 tbs garlic
1. Brown beef in non-stick fry pan until browned, stirring frequently.
2. Remove beef from pan and place in crockpot, Add carrot, celery, onion, and mushrooms, beef base, water, garlic and bay leaf.
3. Cook on high heat for one hour, add pearl barley then turn down to low and cook till vegetables and beef are tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
4. Discard bay leaf.
” Please note that some meals are better to be prepared every once in a while because of some ingredients like meat, cheese, lot of sugar, fats..etc.
Having meals with these ingredients all the time may damage your health. ”