WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
– 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice ( You can use 1 medium lemon as me ) 22 ml
– 2 to 1/4 cups of flour ( 270 grams )
– 1 to 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder ( 7 to 1/2 grams )
– 3/4 teaspoon of salt ( 4 grams )
– 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons of sugar ( 276 grams )
– 3/4 cup softened butter ( 170 grams )
– 3 large eggs– 3/4 cup milk ( You can use 2%) 177 ml
1. To begin, pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius) then grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/4 cups sugar, add the softened butter and with a pastry blender blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the lemon zest.
3. Add eggs in a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork add milk and mix until combined. Now please pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
4. In prepared loaf pan add the batter and bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Cool then move to a wire rack.
5. In a small pot, add 4 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar over medium heat and stir constantly bring to a boil until thickened then brush syrup over the top of the bread with a pastry brush.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends