- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Step 1Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil. Saute garlic for about 5 seconds, then add ground beef. Stir-fry until beef is evenly brown, 5 to 7 minutes; drain excess fat.
- Step 2Stir in cabbage and pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender and beef is fully cooked. Stir in soy sauce. Mix together cornstarch and water, and stir in. Season with pepper; add salt to taste. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened.
Per Serving:280 calories; protein 11.6g; carbohydrates 9.5g; fat 22.1g; cholesterol 48.2mg; sodium 547.3mg.