- 1/4 medium headiceberg lettuce
- 1medium tomato
- 1 poundlean ground beef
- 5(10-inch) large flour tortillas
- 4(5-inch) tostada shells
- 2 tablespoonsstore-bought or homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cupwater
- 1 cupstore-bought or homemade nacho cheese or queso dip
- 1/4 cupregular or reduced-fat sour cream
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350ºF. Meanwhile, cut 1/4 head iceberg lettuce into fine shreds. Dice 1 tomato.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 pound ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up any large chunks with a wooden spoon, until the beef is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas and crisp up the tostada shells.
- Stack 5 tortillas and wrap completely in aluminum foil. Place the tortillas in the oven, place 4 tostada shells directly on the oven rack in a single layer, and heat until the tostadas are crisp and the tortillas are warmed through, about 3 minutes. Set the tostadas and tortillas aside.
- Sprinkle the beef with 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup water and simmer on medium heat until mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup nacho cheese sauce or queso dip.
- Fill the crunchwraps: Place 4 of the tortillas on a work surface. Divide and dollop the cheesy beef onto the center of the tortillas, then spread the beef out on each one to create a 5-inch round. Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream on each of the tostada shells. Place a tostada sour cream-side up on each round of cheesy beef. Sprinkle the lettuce and tomatoes onto the sour cream. Tear the remaining tortilla into 4 pieces and place a piece on the top of each crunchwrap to cover the center.
- Wrap the crunchwraps: Fold the top of a tortilla down over the filling to the center. Holding that piece down and working clockwise, continue folding the rest of the tortilla towards the middle until the filling is completely covered (you will have 5 to 6 folds). Flip the crunchwrap over and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Place 2 frying pans or a griddle over medium heat. Place the crunchwraps, folded-side down, in the heated pans or griddle, as many as will fit in a single layer. Cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Repeat as needed until all the crunchwraps are cooked.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends