Buckeyes (Buckeye Candy / Peanut Butter Balls) are an easy and fun treat for kids and adults! Chocolate and peanut butter are of course a fantastic and proven pairing. Plus, they’re really simple to make and great for gift giving during the holidays too!
* Instructions :
° 1½ cup of peanut butter
° 1 cup of softened butter
° ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
° 6 cups of powdered sugar
° 4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can also use a chocolate candy coating if you like)
- Using waxed paper, line a large baking sheet or baking sheet.
- Combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract and butter together in a large bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Once mixed, roll the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls and place the balls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- At the top of each ball, press down on a toothpick (to be used later as a handle for dipping) and cool in freezer for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips for 1 minute.
- Dip each ball of peanut butter into the chocolate using the toothpick as a handle.
- Then you need to leave a small portion of peanut butter on top to make them look like Buckeyes.
- On waxed paper you can place chocolate coated peanut butter balls and remove the toothpick.
- Now that the peanut butter has softened, use a finger to smooth the hole in the toothpick.
- Finally, refrigerate until the chocolate is set and be sure to store in the refrigerator until you eat or offer.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends