Grab a plate and silverware and dive right into this easy Caramel Apple Dump Cake. A tender and moist spiced cake with tender apples throughout topped with nuts and a caramel drizzle that is the perfect amount of sweetness. Add a scoop of ice cream or dollop of whipped cream and you have a straightforward dessert is crowd worthy.
It’s not the most glamorous name for a dessert, but it sure tastes good! While it might not be glamorous by name, the steps to making it couldn’t get any easier.
I have been making dump cakes for years, and this Caramel Apple Dump Cake is one of my family favorites. We love eating it with a scoop of ice cream, so the hot cake melts down the ice cream a bit, it is divine. Adding in the spices to the cake mix really gives it a more homemade flavor I think that sets it apart from other dump cake recipes.
- 1 box of Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 2 cans Apple Pie Filling (about 4 – 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 3/4 to 1 cup butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Spread the pie filling on the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Drizzle caramel sauce evenly over top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices. Sprinkle over top of the caramel apple mixture.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over top of the caramel apple mixture.
- Cut butter into thin squares and place evenly over top the cake mix. Make sure to not leave any large gaps.
- Top with pecan halves.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 50 minutes or until cake topping is golden brown.
- Served with whipped cream or ice cream. Tastes delicious hot or cold.