Want to impress your guest with a simple but amazing dish?
It really is amazing what you can make in 35 minutes when you get creative!
If you haven’t made Chicken Piccata before you have to try it. Every time I make Chicken Piccata I always ask myself why I don’t make it more often?
So, what is chicken piccata, anyway?
Chicken piccata is a recipe that I frequently see on restaurant menus. Simple, elegant and so delicious traditional Italian American dish, but it’s one of those things that I hardly ever order, though, because it’s so easy to make at home.
Easy Chicken Piccata Ingredients:
To make this easy one skillet chicken piccata recipe, you will need:
– boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( cut into cutlets and pound thin about 1/4 inch-thickness )
– seasoning salt, freshly cracked pepper, to taste
– butter and oil
– dry white wine (or chicken stock for non alcoholic option)
– parmesan cheese (or sharp Cheddar, or Asiago) and flour
– fresh lemon juice
– brined capers
– fresh parsley, to taste
How to make Easy Chicken Piccata
Prepare the chicken.
You make those thin cutlets by cutting a chicken breast in half, horizontally. Then pounding each half thin using a meat mallet, flatten the breasts out to about 1/4 inch-thickness.
Chicken breast is a blank canvas and tastes great with fresh herbs and seasonings as well.
Pan-fry the chicken
Moisten chicken breasts with water and dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated. Pan-fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Work in batches, do not crowd skillet, add oil if needed. Remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
Just be sure not to overcook the chicken – it really doesn’t need a lot of time at all since we’re slicing it nice and thin.
Chicken piccata sauce is simply a combination of butter, oil, white wine/chicken stock, fresh lemon juice, and capers. This yummy sauce coats the pan-fried chicken and it’s beyond delicious.
The best part of this dish is that there’s minimal preparation and it doesn’t take long to cook so it’s perfect for injecting some variety into your busy weeknight dinners.
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 1/2 pound total) cut into cutlets
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brined capers drained and rinsed
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Fresh lemon slices for decoration
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends