Back to Top
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced strawberries about 1 1/4 cup whole
- 1/2 cup smashed strawberries about 1 cup whole
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 or 9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl mix Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, extract and oil. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fold in the strawberries and spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, make the glaze.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine smashed strawberries and powdered sugar.
- Once cake is cooled pour the glaze over top, let set, cut and serve.