18 egg whites
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 c splenda (or sugar)
1 c cake flour
1/2 c confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
(can also add a teaspoon of almond extract if you like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 dF.
2. Sift cake flour and confectioners sugar together 5 times and set aside.
3. In a large clean bowl, whip egg whites with a pinch of salt until foamy.
4. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
5. Gradually add sugar while beating, and continue to beat until very stiff. Add vanilla.
6. Quickly fold in flour mixture, continuing to stir as to avoid lumps.
7. Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan (or bundt pan).
8. Bake at 350 dF for 45 minutes.
9. Invert pan onto a longnecked bottle to cool completely before removing from pan (or may be inverted on a cooling rack to cool).
10. Cake may be glazed, frosted or left as is to enjoy. It’s good just cut and pour sweetened fruit over slices, top with fresh whipped cream and a dusting of powdered sugar.
11. NOTE from me: Here’s one way you can use up the “egg yolks” left over from making homemade angel food cakes…=;D https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/other-dessert/leche-flan.html?p=1
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!