Wow, I was really impressed with this! Just like my Grandmother’s! The main reason this is a 5 stars rating comes from the ease of preparation in relation to the awesome results! Perfect for cook outs.
– 4 Bananas
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 4 Tbsp. flour
– 1/8 tsp. of salt
– 1 whole egg
– 3 cups of milk
– 4 egg yolks (The whites Must be saved for meringue)
– 1 tsp. of vanilla
– 45-50 vanilla wafers
# For Meringue:
– 4 egg whites
– 1/4 cup sugar
First, preheat your oven to 400-degrees and grease 13″ x 9″ casserole dish.
1. In a saucepan, add the sugar, flour, salt, one whole egg, and milk, and mix together well.
2. Next, add the four egg yolks, mixing well.
3. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
4. Now that the sauce is done cooking, you may add the vanilla and stir.
1. Use vanilla wafers to line the bottom and sides of a casserole dish.
2. Then please slice two bananas over the vanilla wafers, just before the pudding is done, so they do not brown.
3. Pour half of the pudding over the wafers and bananas.
4. Slice two more bananas over the pudding.
5. Once done, pour the remainder of the pudding over the bananas.
1. You should whip the egg whites in a large bowl, until they form stiff peaks.
2. Then add the sugar and mix until blended.
3. Now spread over the pudding mixture and bake until meringue is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. When finished, be sure to allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Recipe Notes :
Make sure not to eat the banana pudding right out of the oven, because it will not be as thick and it will thicken in the refrigerator.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends