- Pastry for a 9-10 inch double crust pie
- ¾ – 1 cup sugar depending on sweetness of the peaches
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups peeled sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter
- egg wash made with 1 egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water
- sanding sugar
- Line pie plate with pastry. Combine sugar, flour, spice and salt. Add to peaches, mix lightly. Fill shell. Dot with butter.
- Add top crust; crimp edges. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until juices are bubbling and the crust is nicely browned.
- Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends