– 4 Onions, peeled and sliced
– 4 tbsp Butter
– 4 cloves Garlic, minced
– 1/2 tsp Pepper
– 1 tsp Thyme
– 2/3 cup Low Sodium Beef Broth
– 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
– 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
– 1/2 tsp Salt
– 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
– 1/2 cup Parmesean Cheese, shredded
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray
– Add butter to a large skillet on med to high heat. Add in sliced onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Reduce the heat on the pan to medium and add in the garlic, pepper and thyme and cook for another minute
– Stir in the beef broth and the balsamic vinegar and cook until the onions have a jam-like consistency, about 10 minutes.
– When onions are caramelized, place about 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
– Place chicken on top of the onions and sprinkle with the salt.
– Place remaining onions on top of the chicken along with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
– Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken has a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees.