PREP TIME10 minsCOOK TIME90 minsTOTAL TIME1 hour 40 minsServes: 4-5
- 6 russet potatoes, sliced into ¼” slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- fresh or dried parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter two 9-inch pie pans. Set aside.
- Layer half of the potato slices in the dish, overlapping slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheeses on top of the potatoes and add the crumbled bacon pieces. Add the other half of the potato slices on top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and eggs. Pour half of the mixture over top of the potatoes.
- Remove the steps above for the second 9-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top (optional).
- Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes, or until the custard, eggs and milk, are cooked and set. Allow the dish to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.