There’s nothing better than a guilt-free dessert, especially when it’s topped with refreshing and colorful fruit. We skimmed the calories and fat from a traditional fruit pizza to create one with about half the calories, fat and cholesterol.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and confectioners’ sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake until very lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with berries and mandarin oranges. Drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate until cold.
1 slice: 170 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends