- 3-4 pounds chuck roast, (about 1.5 kg), boneless and trimmed of excess fat
- 1 packet au jus mix, (1 oz), or brown gravy mix
- 1 packet ranch mix, (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8-10 pepperoncini peppers
- Place the chuck roast into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle au jus mix and ranch mix on top of the roast.
- Add butter and peppers around the roast.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on LOW setting for 8 hours, or HIGH for 4-5 hours, or until the meat is fork-tender.
- Remove cover and shred the roast using two forks.
- Garnish with optional minced parsley and drizzle with gravy. Serve with potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles.
- Turn the instant pot onto Sauté mode. Add 1 tablespoon oil followed by the meat. Sear the roast on all sides (4-5 minutes each side) until nicely browned.
- Add the pepperoncini peppers, ranch mix, au jus mix, butter, and ¾ cup of water. Cover with the lid and close the steam valve.
- Turn off Sauté mode and set to “Manual” mode for “High” Pressure Cook for 80 minutes.
- After the cooking cycle finishes, allow for a natural pressure release (about 15 minutes).
- After that, use the quick pressure lever to manually release any remaining pressure and turn off the pot.
- Carefully remove the lid and transfer the roast to a plate and serve.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place an oven-proof pot on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. When hot, sear the roast on all sides (4-5 minutes each side) until brown.
- Add the pepperoncini peppers, ranch mix, au jus mix, butter, and ¾ cup of water. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 3-4 hours until the meat is fork-tender.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends