- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced roast beef, cut into strips
- 4 large bell peppers, hollowed out, seeds removed
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent, 6-8 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add sliced beef to the onion and garlic mixture, and sprinkle in steak seasoning. Generously season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place 1 slice provolone in the bottom of each bell pepper, then fill halfway with cheesesteak mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of provolone and beef, topping each pepper off with a final, third slice of cheese.
- Place bell peppers in a baking dish or on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until peppers have softened and cheese is melted.
- Optional: place peppers under broiler for 3-4 minutes to get golden brown spots on cheese. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends