- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple or canned pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) coconut cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- COCONUT CREAM:
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple and 2 tablespoons sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookies in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add butter; pulse just until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in yogurt, almonds and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in pineapple mixture. Pour into crust. Bake until center is almost set, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate pie and can of coconut milk at least 4 hours or until cold.
- Place a mixer bowl and whisk attachment in freezer until cold, about 15 minutes. Turn chilled can of coconut milk upside down; open can. Pour off and discard liquid portion. Transfer solid portion remaining in can to chilled bowl. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends