My brother-in-law teased that I only knew five ground beef recipes. I proved him wrong with my inventive spicy burritos.
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11×7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
1 burrito: 624 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1470mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.