- Not overripe starfruit: 2
- Agave syrup: 20 cl
- Butter: 30 g
FOR THE CAKE:
- Flour: 300 g
- Caster sugar: 200 g
- yeast: 1 Packet
- Eggs: 4
- Limes: 2 (finely grated zest)
- Milk: 10 cl
- Softened butter: 200 g, plus a little for the mold
1. Before you begin the preparation, butter a charlotte mold. Then pour the agave syrup. And please distribute it on the walls by rotating the mold on itself.
2. The starfruit should be sliced thinly. Once done, distribute them in the bottom of the mold.
3. You’re going to get a bowl and beat in the butter and sugar with a whisk until you get a frothy mixture. You can then add the eggs, one at a time, then the milk. And please stir in the zest of the lemons.
4. After that, sift together the flour and the bakiing powder. You’ll want to add the whole mixture to the preparation and mix well with a spatula.
5. The batter should be poured into the mold. Then cover it with one or two sheets of baking paper. Always remember to wrap it with kitchen string or a rubber band to hold the whole thing when the cake is puffing.
6. At this stage, make sure the mold is placed in a steamer and cook for about 90 minutes (being careful to check the water level) or 50 minutes in a pressure cooker.
7. Ok now, go ahead and take out the cake and let it rest for 5 minutes before opening it. Time done, turn it out onto the serving platter.
8. The last thing you need to do is to drizzle with the remaining agave syrup at the bottom of the baking dish.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends