This melt-in-your-mouth super moist strawberry bread is loaded with fresh sweet strawberries in every bite. It’s quick and easy and perfect for a spring and summer brunch!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil, plus 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted and then measured)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons dry strawberry Jello
- 2 cups fresh chopped strawberries, sprinkled with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, gently mashed so the juices are released. Toss berries with 1 Tablespoon of flour. Reserve 1 tablespoon of juice from strawberries to add to batter.
- 1 Tablespoon of strawberry juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soften
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add 1 cup of sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Using a wire whisk slowly add buttermilk, oil and vanilla. In a medium size mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and dry jello mix.
- Add mixed dry ingredients to the cream cheese mixture or (wet ingredients). Mix with a wooden spoon or a wire whisk. (NOTE: Don’t over mix. Over mixing will result in a tough textured bread. Gently fold in the strawberries (reserving about 2 Tablespoons to sprinkle on top of batter before baking. Add 1 Tablespoon of the strawberry juice to the batter.
- Reduce the oven to 325 degrees and bake loaf for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Note: Oven temperatures vary so I would check on the bread after about 45 minutes. It still might need another 10 minutes or so. Just don’t over bake) Allow bread to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before glazing and slicing.
- Make the glaze: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and heavy cream. Mix until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over bread immediately after bread has cooled. Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries, if desired. Bread will stay fresh for 7 days stored in an airtight container.