I’m sharing the Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe today! This is the recipe my mom always used. It’s soft, moist and tender, with the perfect red velvet flavor!
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 oz. red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3, 8-inch round pans with nonstick spray. Cut parchment rounds to fit in the bottom of the pans. Place the parchment rounds in the pans and coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment add the oil, eggs, buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until combined. Add in the sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Next add the cocoa powder, salt and baking soda, mixing on medium speed for 30 seconds, or until no lumps remain in the cocoa powder.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and red food coloring. Mix until smooth, 30 seconds – 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide the batter equally into the 3 prepared pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends