Prepared pie crusts for a double crust pie (such as Pillsbury) or your favorite pie crust recipe
2 x 8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about ⅛”)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
caramel sauce for serving (optional)DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a pie pan with the bottom pie crust.
- With mixer on high, combine cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add in eggs and mixuntil combined. Pour cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.
- In large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, ½ cup sugar, flour and cinnamon. Gently place apples on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top apples with second pie crust turning the crust inwards to bake. Cut a few small slits into the top of the pie.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and place the pie on the pan. Cover loosely with a piece of foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the apples feel soft when a knife is inserted. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pie and flip it upside down releasing the pie onto the plate. Cool1 hour on the countertop and then refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold with caramel sauce.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends