With a toddler in the house, I look for foods that are a snap to make. Loaded with beef, cheese and a flavorful rice mix, these enchiladas come together without a fuss. But they’re so good that guests think I spent hours in the kitchen.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; crumble meat; drain. Stir in Spanish rice and 1-1/4 cups enchilada sauce.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese; roll up.
- Place in an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered until the cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
1 enchilada: 415 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends