With a toddler in the house, I look for foods that are a snap to make. Loaded with beef, cheese and a flavorful rice mix, these enchiladas come together without a fuss. But they’re so good that guests think I spent hours in the kitchen.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; crumble meat; drain. Stir in Spanish rice and 1-1/4 cups enchilada sauce.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese; roll up.
- Place in an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered until the cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
1 enchilada: 415 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.