- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9×5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in cream until smooth; add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Serve with blueberry bread.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Prepare sauce as directed and serve with bread.
If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
1 slice: 608 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends