My husband likes Mexican food and casseroles, so I combined the two. This chicken with poblanos and chiles satisfies our craving for dinner at a Mexican restaurant.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until peppers are tender, 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese until blended. Add pepper jack, chicken and green chiles; heat through, stirring to combine. Transfer to a greased 11×7-in. baking dish.
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Spread over chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
1 serving: 610 calories, 34g fat (16g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends