- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus more for tops if desired)
- 1 cup M&M’s (plus more for tops if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. For thick bars, line a 9×13″ pan with foil. For thinner rods, lay out a 15×10″ pan.
- Leave an overhang so that you can easily remove it. Then spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar in a mixer for 1 minute until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until they mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir the mixture until it is well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s (save about 1/4 cup for the top).
- Scoop the cookie dough into the pan. Then place additional M&M’s and chocolate sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is barely golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely, then remove and slice.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.