- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Optional: Whipped cream and confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss blackberries with 1/4 cup flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs. Combine baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, allspice and remaining 1-3/4 cups flour; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream and top with confectioners’ sugar and additional fresh blackberries.
1 piece: 312 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends