Back to Top
- 2 lb bag frozen hash browns, thawed (see notes below)
- 1 lb beef breakfast sausage, sage or spicy
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a sauté pan, cook onions and brown and crumble sausage.
- Drain any excess grease. If you’d like, you can just take crumbled sausage out of pan, leaving the grease, and then brown the hash browns a bit, this adds nice flavor to the casserole.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1 cup of shredded cheese and salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish, spread hash browns into bottom of dish.
- Spread cooked sausage on top of hashbrowns.
- Next, pour egg mixture on top of that.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Take foil off and bake for additional 10 minutes. Just keep an eye on it to make sure the cheese doesn’t brown up too much.