I got this wonderful recipe from a cousin whose husband was Hawaiian and I’ve changed it some to reduce the fat and calories, but it still tastes as rich as the original. It’s very simple to make…and guests will love it. Enjoy!”
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, egg whites and egg beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a 13×9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk add pudding mix until well blended. Spread over the cake. Top with pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator.
1 piece: 221 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends