– 1 cup white sugar
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 3 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups water
– 2 lemons, juiced and zested
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 4 egg yolks, beaten
– 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
– 4 egg whites
– 6 tablespoons white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. For the Lemon Filling: Whisk 1 cup of sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt together in a medium saucepan, then stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. And please cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter. Pick a small bowl and place in egg yolks and whisk in gradually 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture.
3. Now, you may want to whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Afterwards, bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Once done. remove from heat and pour filling into baked pastry shell.
4. For the Meringue: Whip egg whites in a large glass or metal bowl until foamy. Next, gradually add sugar, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Remember to Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
5. Finally, bake in preheated oven until meringue is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends