• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
• 1 (16-ounce) can low fat refried beans
• 1 large bag thick corn tortilla chips
• 2 roma tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, sliced
• 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
• 1 (8-ounce) package shredded cheese, Cheddar or Monterrey Jack
• 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
• 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
• 1/4 cup salsa
• 1 to 2 tablespoons cumin, to taste
• 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large skillet on medium heat, add ground beef and chopped onion, stirring occasionally to brown the meat and cook the onions.
Add salt, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper to season, as the ground beef browns. Drain excess grease.
Add the black and refried beans and stir into the ground beef. Add ¼ cup salsa. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
Add more cumin and chili powder, to taste. Stir and simmer 5 minutes.
Place the chips on a baking sheet. Spoon and sprinkle the ground beef mixture over the chips.
Top nachos with diced tomato, sliced jalapenos, black olives, and the chopped bottoms of the green onions. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
Slide the baking sheet into the oven and let cook approximately 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the nachos heated through.
Remove from the oven and top with chopped green onion tops and cilantro.
Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.