1 1/3 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 (20)oz. can(s) pineapple slices
1/2 c chopped pecans
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 c buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350. Melt 2/3 cup of butter; Stir in brown sugar.
2. Spread in bottom of 12-inch iron skillet or a 13 X 9 X 2 pan. DO NOT GREASE.
3. Arrange pineapple slices over sugar mixture; Place a cherry in the center of each.
4. Sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
5. In large bowl cream sugar and remaining butter; Beat in eggs and vanilla.
6. Combine all dry ingredients; Add alternately with the buttermilk, mixing well after each addition.
7. Pour carefully over sugar mixture.
8. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick test says it’s done. Immediately invert onto serving platter.
IRON SKILLET PINEAPPLE UPSIDEDOWN CAKE
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!