Your guests will be delighted with my bars. They are packed with nuts and dried fruit. I think that when you take a bite of this treat it’s like a mini-vacation to a Polynesian paradise.
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4-1/2 teaspoons thawed pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 jars (3 ounces each) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
- 2/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 2/3 cup chopped dried mangoes
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons thawed pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 4 to 5 teaspoons water
- In large bowl, combine the cake mix, brown sugar and spice powder. Add the butter, eggs, juice concentrate, orange and lemon zests and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the nuts, dried fruits and coconut.
- Spread into a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar, juice concentrate and enough water to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top. Cut into bars.
1 bar: 290 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends