This is the family favorite dish for special occasions, and we always make it for my granddaughter’s birthday.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef and sausage with onion and pepper over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, pizza sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
1 serving: 346 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends