Put a stack of these beauties out at a potluck and you’ll find only crumbs on your platter when it’s time to head home. Everyone will be asking who made those scrumptious blondies, so be sure to bring copies of the recipe!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a greased 13×9-in. pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides; grease paper. Or grease three 6-1/2-inch cast-iron skillets.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. In another bowl, mix flour, ground walnuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
1 bar: 260 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends