- 2 pounds lean ground beef, or a mix of ground feed and your choice of sausage
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs, or Panko crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup Bullseye barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 to 8 slices bacon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix them thoroughly.
Add the remaining ingredients into a separate large bowl, reserving 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce, 1/2 cup cheese and the bacon.
Add the egg mixture to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
Place the meatloaf mixture into a large baking dish and form into a loaf. Pour the remaining barbecue sauce on top, sides and end of meatloaf. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the barbecue sauce. Place the bacon strips across the width of the meatloaf, covering it completely. It is okay if some of the bacon overlaps.
Place in a preheated 375°F oven for 60 – 75 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and meatloaf is cooked through.
Remove from oven and let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.