My mother made a chewy, gooey peanut butter pie I loved as a child. Now I continue the tradition for the next generation of peanut butter lovers.
- Dough for single-crust pie
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: Chopped peanuts, broken Nutter Butter cookies and whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, beat corn syrup, sugar, peanut butter and salt until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 60-70 minutes or until top is puffed and center is almost set; cover top loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. (Top may sink and crack slightly upon cooling.) Serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. Top as desired.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends