Recipes that don’t tie me to the kitchen—that’s what I’m all about. I make this luscious dish the night before breakfast or brunch with guests.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- Maple syrup, warmed, optional
Buy IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters. Arrange half of the bread in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; layer with cubed cream cheese and remaining bread, pressing down slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, evaporated milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, fat-free milk, spices and salt. Pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with maple syrup.
1 piece: 302 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.