Recipes that don’t tie me to the kitchen—that’s what I’m all about. I make this luscious dish the night before breakfast or brunch with guests.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- Maple syrup, warmed, optional
Buy IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters. Arrange half of the bread in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; layer with cubed cream cheese and remaining bread, pressing down slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, evaporated milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, fat-free milk, spices and salt. Pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with maple syrup.
1 piece: 302 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends