- For the Cake:
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour ( Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend works well for gf version)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- For the Frosting:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin and mix until light and fluffy. This will take 2-3 minutes.
In a separate bowl combing the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix until combined and the batter is smooth.
Spread the batter into a greased jelly roll style pan or cookie sheet with sides.
Bake for 23-25 minutes (30 -35 minutes if using a 9×13 pan)
While cake is baking make the frosting. In a bowl beat together cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat for several minutes or until frosting is combined and smooth and desired texture is reached
Let cake cool completely before frosting. Frost and serve.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends