I make this recipe every summer when peaches are ripe. Each year I improve the dessert with slight changes, and this version is the best one yet.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium peaches, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. round baking pan with parchment. Pour butter into prepared pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Slice 2 peaches and arrange in a single layer over brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Chop remaining peach; fold into batter. Spoon over peach slices. Place cake pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 65-75 minutes. Remove cake pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Invert onto a serving plate.