Since my husband liked pineapple upside-down cake, I decided to give this recipe a try one night when we were expecting guests for dinner. Everyone pronounced this cake “Delicious!” and asked for seconds.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 to 2 pounds medium plums, pitted and halved
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- Melt butter in a 10-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Arrange plum halves, cut side down, in a single layer over sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Blend water and lemon extract; beat into batter. Pour over plums.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm, with whipped cream if desired.
1 piece: 245 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends