Baked beans belong at a barbecue. They’re sweet with heat when you add pineapple and jalapenos.
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
1/2 cup: 273 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends