Baked beans belong at a barbecue. They’re sweet with heat when you add pineapple and jalapenos.
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
1/2 cup: 273 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.