On hot days in Colorado, we chill out with slices of this berries-and-cream dessert. The layered effect is so much fun. Use any flavor of sorbet you like
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet, softened if necessary
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Line an 8×4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spread sorbet into bottom of pan; place in freezer 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping; spread over sorbet. Freeze, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Invert dessert onto a serving plate; remove plastic wrap. Cut into slices. Serve with strawberries.
1 slice: 153 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.