With the help of a slow cooker, you can prepare a down-home dinner any day of the week, not just on Sundays. The roast turns out tender and savory every time.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Combine first 5 ingredients; rub over roast. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Place carrots, potatoes and onions in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Place roast in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat and vegetables are tender, 8-10 hours.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; tent with foil. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. Mix flour and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. If desired, add browning sauce. Serve roast with gravy and vegetables.