Delish! Even your picky eaters will enjoy this simple main dish.
- 1 small rotisserie chicken (pulled into small pieces)
- 1/2 lb pasta (about 3 cups dry)
- 1 (24oz) jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium size baking dish (I used a 7×9 dish).
- In a large pan or pot, cook and drain the pasta according the package directions.
- Place the drained pasta back into the pot and mix with the marinara sauce, chicken, HALF of the mozzarella, HALF of the parmesan, and 1-2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes over medium-low heat and then spread it evenly onto the bottom of your baking dish; sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese over top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, melted butter and garlic powder; sprinkle it evenly over the top of the mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered on the center rack for about 15 minutes or until the panko crust turns golden brown.
- Serve alone or with salad, veggies and/or breadsticks. Enjoy!