° Lean ground beef: 1 lb / 470 g
° Pizza crust: 1 (refrigerated)
° Lettuce: 2 cups (chopped)
° Cheese: 1 cup (grated)
° Onion: 1/2 cup (chopped)
° WATER: 1/2 cup
° Homemade taco seasoning: 3 tablespoons
° Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
° Tomato: 1 diced, plus more for garnish
° Unsalted melted *butter: 2 tablespoons
° Sour cream OR taco sauce about serving
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. Before you begin, your oven should be preheated at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, then line a rimmed baking sheet with the parchment.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. After that, add the chopped onion, cooking until tender (it takes around 5 minutes). At this stage, you can stir in the lean ground beef, then simmer until browned.
3. You’ll want to add water and the homemade taco seasoning, stirring until well combined, then reduce heat and boil for 7 minutes.
4. Move the parchment paper to your working board at this stage. Immediately place the parchment with the pizza dough and rolled it so that it measures 10.15 inches. Using a pizza cutter, made 1.5 inch and 3 inch slices around the two long sides of the crust.
5. Ground beef should be placed in middle dough. Coat the beef with 3/4 cup the cheese, then add the diced tomato. To secure it, fold the end up, starting at one end of the braid, and wrap the first two slices.
6. You may want to repeat wrapping just before last two for remaining tranches. To protect last two tranches, fold remaining end up and wrap round it.
7. Brush gently the top and sides with the melted butter. And I sprinkled on top of the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
8. Finally, move the parchment On the rimmed baking sheet, baked for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Always remember to let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Cover the top with chopped romaine lettuce and additional tomatoes for the garnish. I always serve the taco braid with sour cream and taco sauce.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends