- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crust: Combine all ingredients and press against sides and bottom of 9-inch springform pan. (I use a measuring cup to do this – works great!)
- Filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, sugar, 4 egg yolks, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat 4 egg whites until stiff and creamy. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust in springform pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour with the door closed.
- Freeze several hours before serving. Remove from freezer and remove from pan before allowing the cheesecake to thaw.