My family raves about these air-fryer chimichangas. Infused with green chiles, the beefy snacks are guaranteed to liven up the party!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; crumble meat; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cheese, sour cream and chiles. Stir in beef mixture. Place an egg roll wrapper on work surface with a corner facing you. Place 1/3 cup filling in center. Fold bottom one-third of wrapper over filling; fold in sides.
- Brush top point with egg white; roll up to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. (Keep remaining egg roll wrappers covered with waxed paper to keep them from drying out.)
- In batches, place chimichangas in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve warm with salsa and additional sour cream.
1 chimichanga: 294 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends