BLUE RIBBON CHOCOLATE CAKE:
1 3/4 c flour
2 c sugar
3/4 c hersheys’ cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c strong cooled coffee
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c oil
1 tsp vanilla
YUMMY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
1/2 c crisco
1/2 c unsalted butter at room temperature
2 tsp meringue powder
2 tsp white vanilla extract
1 tsp butter flavor extract
3 c powdered sugar
2 Tbsp water
1. In large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes.
3. Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 inch cake pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cool cake before frosting.
4. To prepare frosting in a large bowl beat Crisco and butter at high speed until light and fluffy. 3-4 minutes.
5. On low speed add meringue powder and extracts. Beat on high 1 minute.
6. On low add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Scrap bowl to ensure all ingredients combine.
7. Add water if needed. This will depend on the humidity.
8. When all is combined beat on high speed for 5 minutes. Scrape bowl as needed.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Blue Ribbon Chocolate Cake